Fire sweeps through Camberwell shop

Date:

A fire tore through a shop in Camberwell last week.

Part of a ground-floor shop on Camberwell Church Street was damaged by the blaze and flats on the upper floors were also affected by smoke.

Around ten people had evacuated the flats above the shop before the London Fire Brigade arrived to tackle the fire which broke out Wednesday morning (30 March).

There were no reports of any injuries.

The brigade said that the fire thought to be incidental and is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault within an extension lead that had been linked to multiple other extension leads.

Firefighters were first altered to the blaze at 09:30 a.m. by the public which was brought under control just after 10:00.

The shop fire led the brigade to issue a number of electrical safety tips

“Overloaded sockets are one of the most common causes of electrical fires,” said a spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade. “Be mindful not to overload extension leads and always check that you’re using the right fuse for the plug.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Stocking Your Café: Essential Tips for Success

Stocking your café with the right ingredients, equipment, and...

Types of Home Assistance for the Elderly

As individuals age, they may require support to maintain...

Leasing a Range Rover Sport: A Smart Guide to Luxury and Performance

Introduction In the world of luxury vehicles, the Range Rover...

Discovering London’s Culinary Gems: The Best Chinese Restaurants

London, a vibrant and bustling metropolis, is renowned for...