Manchester United transfer news RECAP Antony blasts Ajax in interview after second Man Utd bid ‘rejected’

Date:

Transfer deadline day is now less than a week away and Manchester United still have plenty of work to do.

The Frenkie de Jong deal may look dead in the water but Erik ten Hag clearly hasn’t been put off pursuing some of his former Ajax stars. United are preparing another bid for Brazilian winger Antony as they look to bolster their frontline options.

Away from the transfer world and United are preparing to find out who they’ll face in this season’s Europa League. Here at MEN Sport we’ve got you covered and we will have a dedicated blog bringing you updates from the draw as soon as they happen.

And we couldn’t leave you without mentioning Cristiano Ronaldo. Reports emerged on Thursday night suggesting the five-time Ballon d’Or winner is nearing a return to Sporting Lisbon, though United remain adamant he will be part of Ten Hag’s squad next season.

Manchester United ‘make deadline day promise’ to Frenkie de Jong

Manchester United have reportedly told Frenkie de Jong and his represenatives that they will keep the door open for the midfielder in case he changes his mind about an Old Trafford switch.

Sport reports that United officials reached out to the Dutchman today, and that the player was grateful for the contact.

De Jong has reiterated throughout the summer that his preference is to stay at Barcelona. Despite their huge debts, the club are not forcing him to leave although would accept an offer of around £68m, the article says.

Antony slams Ajax in shock interview after second Manchester United bid rejected

Antony has hit out at Ajax after the Dutch club rejected another offer from Manchester United for his services.

The MEN reported on Friday morning that United were expected to lodge a substantial bid worth up to €100million for the Brazilian, and within hours it was reported by several outlets that Ajax had rejected United’s latest offer.

Now, in a surprise development, Antony has addressed his future in the form of an interview with journalist Fabrizio Romano.

Manchester United to ‘prepare third bid’ for Antony

Manchester United are being backed to table a ‘third’ bid to Ajax for Antony.

Reports earlier this evening claimed that the Dutch champions had ‘rejected’ a second offer for the Brazilian.

The Manchester Evening News revealed this morning that the total package of a potential second bid would amount to nearly £85m. United are confident that a deal for Antony can be struck.

Man United told they have fallen into transfer trap with Casemiro deal

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince has claimed that clubs are “taking the mick” out of the Reds after they paid £60million for Casemiro.

United unveiled the signing of Casemiro ahead of their victory over Liverpool at Old Trafford on Monday night.

The midfielder will add a level of steel and resilience to Erik ten Hag’s side that has seen the Brazilian win five Champions League trophies at Real Madrid.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Stocking Your Café: Essential Tips for Success

Stocking your café with the right ingredients, equipment, and...

Types of Home Assistance for the Elderly

As individuals age, they may require support to maintain...

Leasing a Range Rover Sport: A Smart Guide to Luxury and Performance

Introduction In the world of luxury vehicles, the Range Rover...

Discovering London’s Culinary Gems: The Best Chinese Restaurants

London, a vibrant and bustling metropolis, is renowned for...