Introduction to Boku
Boku Inc., formerly known as Vidicom Ltd., is a company with its headquarters in San Francisco, California, that offers a platform for mobile payments. This platform employs a feature called carrier billing that makes it possible for users to pay for various goods and services using the mobile phone number. In doing so, making purchases online has become easier as it has enabled people without credit cards and traditional bank accounts to be billed for their purchases through their mobile network provider’s bill. This payment platform while mostly used for virtual purchases can also be used to purchase digital goods and physical goods online. The company has grown worldwide significantly over the years and has also made partnerships with various game publishers and online services. The platform is also used by some notable and leading digital marketplaces such as Apple Inc., Windows Store, Google Play Store and Sony PlayStation Store. Due to Boku’s success over the years, some leading payment service providers have chosen to offer Boku to their clients as an alternative payment option. The company’s success has been acknowledged in many instances such as Mobile Trax awarding Boku the Mobility Award in 2011. In 2014, the company got the ‘Best Alternative Payments’ award. Boku Inc. has also impressively been selected twice by Forbes for their 25 most promising companies in America in the years 2011 and 2013.
There has been a rise in online casinos over the past few years, and Boku casino sites have proven to be worth the competition. You can find lots of information at roulettesites.org, in case you need to learn more about Boku.
What is Boku in a nutshell?
Boku Inc. is a company that provides a mobile payment platform quite comparable to e-wallets that enables consumers to pay for goods and services using their mobile phone number. While my pin pad has become the first company in the world to accept countless payments on mobile devices, Boku has equally created a stream of effective mobile payment services.
The purchases are therefore billed to the consumers’ mobile network operator bill or available credit but not from the consumer’s bank. This form of mobile payment allows unbanked consumers who may have a mobile phone but neither have a credit card nor a bank account, to make purchases online, as well as banked customers who find this form of mobile payment a simpler way to transact.
What are the benefits of using Boku
- It is completely free. A user does not incur extra charges when depositing. Moreover, the texts you send to validate your payments are completely free.
- Only your phone number is required to start using Boku unlike other methods of payment that may require a user to have a bank account. No further registration is needed hence eliminating the need to remember signing in details.
- It is a very safe and secure way to make payments. The information you give when making a phone bill deposit is only your phone number. One does not risk handing out essential information such as their bank and personal details.
- One can validate all payments using an authenticated text message. If someone tries to make payment using your details, only you can validate it.
- This research confirms that Boku is fast and easy to use. It takes less than 60 seconds to load money into your account. Quite similarly, on the pay by mobile screen, users just enter their phone number and receive an SMS prompt which authenticates the transaction.
- It is very convenient in terms of loading your casino account. It lets you play now and pay the balance later at the end of the month.
- It is one of the best payment options, as Boku mobile payments look to crack contactless market.
Drawbacks of using Boku
- It has deposit limits. High rollers are greatly disadvantaged due to Boku’s restrictions which were designed with small purchases in mind. Boku restricts daily deposits to £30.
- Boku is not available worldwide, and this is one of its greatest drawbacks. They are however expanding and are currently available in 56 countries.
- Players making deposits to online casinos may at times not be eligible for the lucrative welcome bonuses and attractive promotions for the depositors.
- In case your phone is stolen with an active Boku account, it may expos you to the risks of fraud.
How to Use Boku
Using Boku is quite easy. The simple step by step process takes at most sixty seconds as seen below:
- First of all you will need to make sure the casino accepts payments via Boku. To do this, you will need to locate the page where the site has displayed the logos of acceptable payment methods and see if Boku is listed there before proceeding to the transactions page.
- Once you have made your way to the transaction page of the Boku compatible casino, you will be prompted to click deposit to make your deposit. This will then lead you to a pop up or page where you will select ‘Boku Pay with Mobile’.
- You will be prompted to enter the amount you wish to deposit, from £3 to £30, and your mobile number.
- On your mobile phone, you will receive a text message prompt where you can either reply with ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to authenticate and authorize the payment or ‘N’ for ‘No’ to cancel the payment.
- You will then receive a confirmatory message and an accompanying receipt to show that your transaction is complete. The deposit will then appear on your phone bill or is deducted from your existing phone credit. The message receipt should be well kept as proof of payment in case of discrepancies.
- Your deposit has been made and your purchase has been approved or you can now start spending the deposited funds.
Where can you use Boku
Boku can be used over numerous platforms as long as they are compatible with Boku transactions. Whether online shopping, making digital purchases, virtual purchases and in this case, playing at online casinos. Like in the case of M&S launching a mobile pay go for checkout-free shopping, Boku has helped many shoppers to experience a seamless time while making digital purchases.
There are many online casinos that accept Boku payments. This means players can easily make deposits via Boku mobile billing to these Boku casinos. You can now easily make Boku deposits to online casinos and play your favourite casino games, such as Slots, blackjack, roulette and Bingo. Once a player makes a deposit via Boku, all the slots and bingo games at the said casino are available for them to try. There are no restrictions or Boku specific casinos. Most of these online casinos contain a vast and versatile selection of games from many game providers for players to choose from. Boku can therefore make it possible for players to enjoy the ultimate online casino experience. High rollers may however find themselves restricted by the transaction limits on Boku payments hence in such cases, Boku is not a viable option. A few of these casinos include Hyper Casino, All British Casino, Betfred, Yeti Casino Jackpot Jones, NetBet and Redspins Casinos.
In this fast paced and ever changing world, new innovative ideas are taking over every market and industry. Boku is one such innovation that is still in its early growth stages but has massive potential for the future. Its simplicity and ease of use is unrivalled and comes with high degrees of convenience and efficiency. Boku is therefore the answer to online transactions we have been looking for, fast, secure and convenient.